The course reviews the American Heart Association current guidelines for Adult Cardiac Arrest, Acute Myocardial Infarction, Acute Ischemic Stroke and Cardiac Dysrhythmia Treatment
During the course we will cover identification and treatment of patients with medical conditions who are at risk for cardiac arrest. Performing a primary and secondary assessment survey along with immediate emergency actions required for successful treatment. Algorithms for treatment of emergency situations and effective team based resuscitation dynamics.
Arrhythmia recognition we will be explained however it is expected that the student will have a working knowledge of EKG rhythms. Simulation with a defibrillator and the external pacemaker is included during the training session. The assessment and care of a patient experiencing an acute coronary syndrome or stroke is also included.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask
device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory arrest and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of dysrhythmias
- Airway management
- ACLS pharmacology
- Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome and Stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
New Certification - $175
Renewal - $165
Course pricing is subject to change. Ask about multiple certification discounts and group pricing.
Refund Policy: Must provide at minimum 24-hour cancellation for full refund. Less than 24 hour notice cancellation will result in a $65 non-refundable charge.